Why PADI Altitude Diver?
Any time you're diving from 300 to 3000 metres/1000 to 10,000 feet above sea level, you're altitude diving. If you want to explore the hidden world of a mountain lake, the PADI Altitude Diver Specialty course is for you.
What do I need to start?
• PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 10 years old
What will I do?
The Altitude Diver Specialty course familiarizes you with the rules and procedures necessary to use the Recreational Dive Planner at altitude. This includes:
• Altitude dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards
• Special Recreational Dive Planner procedures for diving at altitude
• Safety stops and emergency decompression procedures
• Special equipment necessary for altitude diving
How long will it take?
• Recommended Course Hours: 24
• Minimum Open Water Training: two dives over one day
How much does it cost?
Call Incl materials? N/A Incl Gear Hire? Yes
Where can I go from here?
At your instructor's discretion, you can count your Adventures In Diving Altitude Adventure Dive towards the Altitude Diver Specialty course, which also counts as one of the five specialty certifications for the PADI Master Scuba Diver certification.
If this is an adventure you'd like to try, contact Abyss Dive Centre to sign up.