Why PADI Drift Diver?
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty Course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time
What do I need to start?
• PADI Open Diver or Junior Open Water certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 12 years old
What will I do?
The course covers:
Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
An introduction to drift diving equipment -- floats, lines, reels Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
How long will it take?
• You will self study the materials provided for the course and then attend a review session with your instructor.
• Minimum Open Water Training: 2 dives over 1 day
What will I need?
• Adventures in Diving Manual, Log Book, SMB and Reel
How much does it cost?
£85 Incl materials? Yes Incl Gear Hire? Yes
Where can I go from here?
As a PADI Specialty and part of the adventures in diving programme, this course will count towards your Master Scuba Diver rating.
Get in touch for more info.