Why PADI Search & Recovery Diver?
In the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course, you learn search and recovery dive planning, organisation, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems. You learn how to locate large and small objects using search patterns, and various ways for lifting them to the surface. Not only do these skills make you more capable and confident in the water, but also most Search and Recovery Divers eventually end up searching for and recovering something they lost themselves.
What do I need to start?
• PADI Open Diver or Junior Open Water certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 12 years old
What will I do?
Upon completing the PADI Search and Recovery Speciality, the student should be able to:
Use search patterns, use a lift bag and be familiar with all recovery methods
Understand limited viability techniques and navigation for Search and Recovery
How long will it take?
• You will self study the materials provided for the course and then attend a review session with your instructor.
• Minimum Open Water Training: 4 dives over 2 days
What will I need?
• Adventures in Diving Manual, Log Book, Search & Recovery DVD
How much does it cost?
£150 Incl materials? Yes Incl Gear Hire? Yes
Where can I go from here?
As a PADI Specialty and part of the adventures in diving programme, this course will count towards your Master Scuba Diver rating. Find What you’ve lost with the PADI Search and Recovery Speciality. Get in touch for more info.