Why PADI Self-Reliant Diver?
If you think about it, how many times have you turned around during a dive to simply look for your buddy and they are a good 10+ metres away with their face stuck in their camera viewfinder paying no attention to you or where you are ? … Yes and often, no doubt – well PADI Self Reliant Diver is for you !
This is not a course for beginners. It looks at some considerations of tec diving and applies them to recreational diving to help make you more skillful, more aware, more self-reliant....
What do I need to start?
• PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 18 years old
• Minimum age: 100 logged dives
What will I do?
You will then complete a classroom based knowledge development and equipment workshop session, before then heading out to complete a series of three open water training dives.
Within the programme you will develop your knowledge in areas including, but not limited to,
• Dive planning
• Risk management
• Equipment considerations for self-reliant diving.
• Appropriate out of gas drills
• Pony or stage cylinder deployment
• Buoyancy control and trim
• Backup mask exchange mid-water …
How long will it take?
• Recommended Course Hours: 16
• Minimum Open Water Training: three dives over one day
What will I need?
You will need to provide your own dive gear - including back-up equipment. Call us for full details
Abyss offer a full equipment renatl service
How much does it cost?
£145 Incl materials? Yes Incl Gear Hire? Yes
Where can I go from here?
the PADI Self Reliant Diver Course is a great course that will really help you take your diving forward. It is a demanding course but also extremely rewarding and informative. If you would like to become more self-reliant in your diving get in touch with Abyss Dive Centre for more information